- phone 604.689.8888
Work phoneemail [email protected]
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Mel believes that successful representation of ICBC personal injury claims can be achieved through out of court settlement or a trial. As he appreciates a trial can be a difficult process for clients to go through he works hard to obtain a fair out of court settlement. There are times when an out of court settlement is not possible, in which case Mel has the experience and skill to successfully take claims to trial. He is passionate about ensuring his clients achieve a just result.
Mel joined Simpson Thomas & Associates to apply his skills and experience as a personal injury lawyer exclusively on behalf of injured individuals. Mel was born and raised in East Vancouver with blue collar values and work ethic. His personal experiences and values allow him to appreciate and take to heart the difficult circumstances injured individuals find themselves in. He prides himself in empowering his clients by helping them understand the legal process and their claims and give them confidence that their interests are being well looked after while they focus on recovery. Having worked with leading insurance defence law firms in the past, including having insight into the operation of insurance companies, Mel has the knowledge on how best to advance ICBC personal injury claims through settlement and trial. He has handled a wide variety of cases including soft issue injury, fractures, TMJ injury, vestibular injury, neurological injury including the spinal cord and brain, PTSD and anxiety.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, Civil Litigation Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, Automobile Insurance Committee, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
- Taking part in the Annual Walk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Taking part in the Annual Relay for Life regarding Cancer
- Sponsorship of the Fiji Festival in the Lower Mainland
- Appointment to the Canadian Bar Association Automobile Insurance Committee for the September 1st, 2017 to August 31st, 2018 term.
- LLB from University of British Columbia (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts Simon Fraser University (1997)